CASHEW QUESO SAUCE
Mar 15, 2019
This is a simple yet, decadent “queso” sauce that will hit the spot. I like to try it with different color bell peppers. The orange bell pepper is the one that gives it this bright cheddar color.
Cashew Queso Sauce
- 2 cups cashews soaked overnight and drained
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- Place the bell pepper first in the blender jar. Add the rest of the ingredients except the chili flakes and blend until smooth.
- Add water for a thinner consistency.
- This sauce will last one week stored in a sealed container inside the refrigerator.